Last Updated on September 24, 2021 by Candy Wafford
The Neptune Fort Myers Beach is one of my favorite hotels and one of the reasons I think Fort Myers Beach is the best beach in Florida. Fort Myers Beach hotels are old school. Hotels here are smaller or condo rentals rather than chain hotels. This is part of its charm and affords visitors the chance to get a more authentic experience. I’ve visited here at least five times and always stay at Neptune. Its location and value are some of the reasons I keep returning to this little beach paradise!
“This post contains affiliate links. By purchasing through these links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Where I’ve Been is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Rooms – The Neptune Fort Myers
Fort Myers Beach hotels are typically not high-end. You’ll find lots of locally owned hotels that feature more charm than luxury. Rooms at Neptune Inn Fort Myers are basic, yet clean and have everything you need for an amazing beach vacation. Most of the rooms have two queen-sized beds and a sofa with a pull-out bed making these great rooms for families. Rooms are tastefully decorated in calming beiges and soft blues that mirror the sand and sea just outside.
I especially enjoy having a small kitchenette in the room where I can store drinks and food for small meals in the room. There is a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, stove, sink, and basic kitchen tools. Rooms also have a table and chairs where you can enjoy a cup of coffee or a light meal before heading out to bask in the Florida sunshine.
There is a large TV in the rooms and some of the larger suites also have a second TV. A modern touch I appreciate is the outlets in the bedside table making it easy and convenient to charge your electronics. Bath amenities include a hairdryer and Bath & Bodyworks toiletries and the vanity has plenty of storage space underneath. One amenity I would like to see is a safe for storing valuables, although I’ve never had any issues in my stays here.
For larger families or group travel, Neptune Ft. Myers has a three-bedroom suite available for rent. At 1,700 square feet, this large space can accommodate eight guests and has three private bedrooms and three bathrooms. It also includes a large kitchen with full-size appliances, an office, and a washer and dryer. Your group will love looking at the Gulf of Mexico from the balcony that spans the entire unit.
If you are looking for a handicap accessible room in Ft. Myers Beach, Neptune has those available as well.
Neptune Fort Myers Location
The location of Neptune Resort Fort Myers is one of my favorite things about it! The gorgeous white sand beach can be seen from many of the rooms, without paying for a beach view. Regardless of where you stay on the property, your toes will be in the sand in a few steps.
You’ll find yourself located in the middle of the action, without being directly in it. Which is perfect!
It’s also located across the street from not one, not two, but three of my favorite places to eat in Fort Myers Beach. The center of town, Times Square, is a leisurely fifteen-minute walk on the sidewalks or along the beach. There you’ll find the pier, restaurants, and lots of shops.
I prefer to spend my beach days sitting in front of the waves, but there are times when you need to take a dip in a pool. There are two heated pools that give you a chance to refresh anytime you need it. Each pool has ample lounge chairs and a table with an umbrella. I love the sitting areas that were added a couple of years ago. With pergolas and comfy sitting areas, these are great places to start you day as the sun comes up or to relax as you watch pink and purple streak across the sky as the day ends.
- Wi-Fi – The wi-fi is free throughout the hotel property. I’ve used it extensively for work I’ve had to do with there as well as for streaming and have always gotten a fast and strong signal. Bonus, the wi-fi works on the portion of the beach close to the property so you can work while lounging on the beach!
- Lounge Chairs – Stacks of lounge chairs are available for guests to take to the beach which means you can sit listening to the waves comfortably all day without getting sand in weird places!
- Beach Towels – No need to pack towels! Beach towels are available in the lobby for hotel guests.
- Fitness Center – The fitness center here is small, but it contains the basics: a treadmill, an elliptical, free weights, a weight bench, a BOSU ball, and mats. Enough to get in a complete workout while on vacation!
- Business Center – A small business center is located in the lobby with a couple of computers and a printer.
- Parking – There is free, assigned parking on the property.
- Laundry – You’ll find coin-operated laundry machines if you need to do a load (or two).
- Vending – A vending machine with beverages (Coke products) is in the same room as the washer and dryers. And they’re affordable!
- Store – There is a small shop available in the lobby where you can find snacks, drinks, sunscreen, and toiletries you may need.
- Coffee – My girlfriends are big fans of the free coffee available in the lobby!
- Grills – There are grills available for guest use in the courtyard. On my last visit, someone made bacon every morning and it smelled amazing!
More Fort Myers Beach
Want more Fort Myers Beach? Check out these articles!
- 10 Reasons Why Fort Myers Beach is the Best Beach in Florida
- Awesome Places to Eat in Fort Myers Beach
- What to Pack for the Beach
- 10 Tips to Help You Find the Best Vacation Rental